Tuesday, October 11, 2011

...It was just the beginning

Wow! Looking back at this blog that we stopped using more than a year ago, I have come to realize that it was just the beginning of me and Chipotle's writing "career". This blog was where I first discovered my love for writing. It was in use from October 2009 to May 2010 and it was so fun.

You're probably wondering, "If this blog was SO fun to maintain, why did they quit blogging on here in the first place?"

Good question. Ultimately, the first reason is because we were frustrated with no one commenting on our posts, no one sending us emails... we wanted feedback, and it seemed as if we were nothing, and this whole blog was pointless. If you are a blogger also, you can understand our frustratedness. We were also suffering from a severe case of Writer's Block.

The second reason we quit using this blog was because we actually moved on to another blog (Yes.. I'm so sorry we betrayed you!). It's on Facebook, and it's so much more successful.The blog is on an Amish lady - Penelope C. James-Sabastian - and what is happening in her life. I think that she is a little more interesting to readers than this blog ever was. She also has a Blogger that she uses as a homepage, www.penelopecjames.blogspot.com.

Honestly, I miss writing on here! If you haven't noticed this blog was based on pure randomness.. whatever came to our mind (which sometimes was tough to do) we blogged about. Needless to say some posts could get very interesting. Often I go back on this blog just to read all of our old posts. They make me laugh. When we hosted a contest on who could design the best Chipotle & Jalapeno shirt on www.customink.com, an employee from their company sent us an email thanking us that we were practically advertising for them. This blog not only exposed me and Chipotle's thoughts to the world, I would also say it brought us closer together. I learned stuff about Chipotle that I never knew before, and vice versa.

If you scroll down a bit, you can see the start of the blog's slow death when we said we couldn't think of anything to write about. We even came up with the idea of writing about our "fictional lives", but that idea was later pushed aside.

I would like to thank everyone who brought this whole shenanigan together. First, Blogger, who this blog couldn't have been made without your wonderful site. Second, Chipotle, for coming up with wonderful ideas and being my partner in crime. ;) And third.. the readers. (If there is any. If you are reading this right now, you are considered a reader!) Thank you so much for letting us be your morning cup of coffee.. if that's a good comparison. Haha!

All my love,
~Jalapeno (and Chipotle)!


No comments:

Post a Comment